Who We Help
We’re here to help.
The fight to end homelessness can’t be won with a "one-size-fits-all” solution. That’s why we provide services that address the diversity of our guest population.
Single Men and Women
- Our shelters for homeless adults operates 24 hours a day, and 365 days a year.
- Housing, meals and additional support services are available for single women and single men.
- We are free to anyone in need, and we are the only shelter in our area without length-of-stay restrictions.
- We have one of the most successful transitional housing programs for veterans in the United States, preparing them for permanent, independent housing.
- We have developed semiprivate facilities for veterans, allowing them to prepare their own meals and have separate recreation, as well as access to showers, laundry services and a computer lab.
- We work with Veterans Affairs to secure and retain employment for homeless veteran guests, move them into permanent housing and eliminate or minimize barriers to continued self-sufficiency.
|This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans' Assistance. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families.|
Mentally Ill/Behaviorally Disabled
- Our Behavioral Care Facility provides services for severely mentally ill homeless, who often suffer from substance abuse issues.
- We work with mentally ill homeless to live in furnished, private rooms in a residential facility.
- MHMR Tarrant County collaborates with us to provide health care services.
*Street Count and Survey, Tarrant County Homeless Coalition, 2007