Annual Giving Manager
Presbyterian Night Shelter is known for serving the homeless in greatest need: those who have no other places to go. Those who present the greatest challenge to our community are welcome here. As the largest homeless shelter in Tarrant County, we serve approximately 1,000 men, women and children each night.
Presbyterian Night Shelter staff members strive with mutual respect and compassion to serve with integrity, taking responsibility for our actions to foster hope in the journey from homeless to home.
The Annual Giving Manager will build on Presbyterian Night Shelter’s annual giving program by implementing a comprehensive, multi-channel annual giving strategy and integrating ongoing stewardship and engagement strategies into the campaign. This mission-focused individual is responsible for qualifying, identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors to deepen and grow relationships in support of Presbyterian Night Shelter’s work and mission. Reporting to the Vice President of Resource Development, the Annual Giving Manager joins an energetic and collaborative development team. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated self-starter and creative thinker with the strategic depth to grow the annual giving program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement all aspects of the annual giving program to support acquisition, retention, and lapsed strategies to meet fundraising goals.
- Cultivate and steward donors through personal visits and communications, documenting strategy, activities, and updates.
- Plan and implement fundraising campaigns, giving days, monthly giving program(s), special appeals, peer-to-peer fundraising, and other elements that support the annual giving program.
- Create, implement, and evaluate strategies that lead to sound donor cultivation, prospecting, segmenting, acknowledgment, recognition, and stewardship.
- Participate in special event planning, implementation, and other departmental or agency activities as needed.
- Organize and lead agency tours to provide a mission-focused experience to participants.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of demonstrated fundraising experience and a track record of developing and executing successful annual fundraising strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present Presbyterian Night Shelter’s work and mission to prospective donors in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent customer service skills: ability to communicate effectively and accurately, build relationships, navigate established relationships, and build rapport.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Collaborative outlook; ability to work with Development colleagues to develop best strategies for donor engagement.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of basic tax law and ethical standards related to charitable giving.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM/donor management systems to track donor engagement strategy and report results.
- Ability to monitor and meet income goals.
- Ability to embrace and affirm the mission of the Presbyterian Night Shelter.